Thank you for reading and God bless!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Feeling Icky yet again!
I am really getting sick of this! I have another temp except this time it's a bit on the higher side--101.5. I believe it's from a plugged milk duct. I am EXTREMELY sore. I think it's because sometimes I will feed him bottles of B-milk and I'm becoming full and need to pump if I choose to give him a bottle. It's so weird how a plugged milk duct can make you feel so tired, weak, and achy all over. I am not used to being sick so much. I hardly ever got sick and now it seems like I'm getting these "mini infections" once every 2-3 weeks. I wanted to do something active today, but again, I guess I will be stuck in my house. I hate when I'm so sore, because I do not enjoy holding Tommy because it hurts. I feel so bad, luckily he's been so so good for me today. He went to bed last night at 11:15 and slept until 8:30!!! That's the latest he's ever slept in.. and it was nice to get that extra rest with the fever. What a blessing that was. Then he woke up and I fed him and he sat good in his swing for an hour..while again, I got more rest. Soooo despite feeling miserable, I have been so blessed with the opportunity to get a lot of rest today. He's being so good, hopefully it keeps up, at least till Tom gets home (hehe). It's crazy to think how Moms handle being sick and feeling awful when they have other children to care for. I guess you get that grace when you need it. A mom is such a sacrificial role. We Mom's are training for heaven in learning what it means to be truly sacrificial. I never noticed how selfish (not in a vice type way, but just how self centered your life is) I was until I became pregnant and had my little one. While this may sound like I'm complaining, I'm really not trying to, I'm just reflecting on where I'm at in my life right now, and seeing where I need to grow...it truly is only by the grace of God, and I am learning this in a very real way. It really is very cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think about this self-centered life thing a lot. I don't consider myself to be a selfish person, but at the end of the day it's just Chris and myself we have to think about. We pretty much go wherever we want when we want without much planning and we think about how this will change when we have a few kiddos.
ReplyDeleteWe talk about how we don't want to wait too long to have kids though b/c we feel like it'll be harder to break self-centered habits the longer we wait. I guess it's all a growth process included in our path to heaven! Thanks for sharing! It's good to hear that I'm not the only one adjusting and trying to be less selfish!