Overall, this was a good weekend despite not having my husband around. I had Sara here this weekend and I am so incredibly grateful for her friendship! It was so nice to have her keep me company and be so helpful with Tommy, but mostly just to be a friend. I accomplished a few things this weekend that made me feel a bit more independent and good about myself. I've been struggling a lot with self confidence. It's no new thing, I've always sorta struggled with it in weird ways. Not having Tom AND my parent right there this weekend, really challenged me to do stuff on my own. This may sound silly to you because OF COURSE I'm suppose to be independent and confident by now right? I'm growing in so many ways right now in this stage in my life and in such a short period of time! I pretty much graduated college, got married and had a baby all within the span of one year! I know this is the Lord's plan for me, but I have pressures from the world telling me that I should be a working woman, successful, confident and hard working in every way. Then I have my heart telling me that staying home with my little boy is the best for him and this is what I really do desire. I feel bad for making it seem like this is not a noble vocation. I should never ever say "Oh I am ONLY a stay- at- home mother. This IS a job and a hard working one and is very successful because I am raising a precious individual who was created to need my attention and love 24/7 especially at this crucial stage of his life! I have a hard time bringing myself to upkeep with my housework and such. It comes as such drudgery to me and it takes effort for me to feel like cleaning or doing other household chores. I know chores are not supposed to be a fun thing. I figured out though how I have to go about it. I must tackle one thing at a time and not wait to do all my chores at once.
Anyway all this rambling on and on. This weekend I went to Christina's party which was so enjoyable. It was great seeing everyone, I didn't realize how much I missed my social life until I was there with them all enjoying every moment of being in the presence of my friends! On the way home there was a terrible lightning storm with heavy rain and it was so difficult to see and driving was quite scary. I analyzed the situation (hah) and thought to myself...well.. we gotta get home (which was a 45-50 min drive) and worrying and stressing about this won't help me. So I just said a prayer and we were on our way. I took my time and got home safely . I HATE driving at night let alone in a huge storm. I was so grateful for the new graces I am finding in my life as I grow in my motherhood. I also took a trip to the park with Sara and Tommy and we packed a picnic lunch and really enjoyed ourselves. After the park I came home and actually felt motivated to do some chores.. haha I haven't felt this way in SO LONG!!! I must say it feels great to sit in a clean living room. I feel more at peace. haha. I am finally finding that I am finally feeling more confident in my role as a mother. It feels wonderful and I am so in love with little Tommy! Right now he is fast asleep on my lap :)
I am very thankful for a great weekend! It will be so great to have Tom home tonight!! He should be home in about 2 hours! YAY! More to come soon! Thank you for reading and GOd Bless.
Natalie, you are SO beautiful!!! I really enjoyed seeing you this weekend and you are such a wonderful Mommy to little Tommy. You can really tell he is well loved and taken care of! Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us on here!
ReplyDeletewow this post is so "real" i love it and can totally relate! i really struggle with staying at home too and not being in the working world (and i even work full time from home!) i always feel guilty like i could make more money or "make something of myself" if i went back to work, but then i'm torn bc i wouldn't want to leave christopher.
ReplyDeletei got married and pregnant in college! it was different bc all of my friends were in a different stage of life then me and i felt like i didn't fit in anymore (i mean i was the only 6mos pregnant graduate! lol!). so it's a lot of changes at once.
thankfully, i did have a lot of experience with kids (my fam and work) so motherhood was not a big adjustment, but still finding other mommies my age to talk to was. it gets easier and better as time goes on with being a parent and every stage has both it's pros and cons. sounds like you made it through a weekend on your own well which is a big accomplishment!
Hey Thanks Ania and Marjorie! This is great to get your input and support!
ReplyDeleteI really value and appreciate all your comments :)
ReplyDeleteNat...it's not going to come easy! You are doing an amazing job at being a mommy and you are going to become a little better every day. I am so proud of you and Tom and how much I have seen you mature already!
ReplyDeleteOh and by they way...I am SOOOO jealous of your job!!!!
It is my life goal to be a stay at home mom :)
Love you!